Under Florida Law, your license will be suspended after a DUI arrest in two scenarios:
- if you provided a breath or blood sample above the .08 legal limit; or
- if you refused to submit to a breath, urine, or blood test.
However, If your license was valid on the night of your DUI arrest:
- You can only drive for 10 days after the date of your arrest using your DUI citation;
- If this arrest constitutes the one and only time you have been arrested for a DUI in your lifetime, you are eligible to immediately obtain a hardship license so that you may avoid any interruption in your privilege to drive;
- We can seek an extended driving permit for you by requesting a DHSMV formal review hearing through the Bureau of Administrative Review.